Re: [Possible OT] California, and running off of generators for extended periods

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Tue Jan 16 13:49:05 2001

    > Has any other large commercial entity looked into the economics of
    > installing a PV array say on the roof of the building above and
    > around the cooling packs, etc?

Our draw isn't huge, and we had a fair bit of roof space, so ran the
numbers, and current-generation PVs would meet about 15% of our draw,
measured over a 24-hour period with fair weather and average
length-of-day.  Is it worth the money?  Probably.  Would it help us in an
emergency?  Not substantially.

                                -Bill