Re: UUNET peering policy

  • From: Paul Vixie
  • Date: Sun Jan 14 04:28:51 2001

[email protected] (Sean Donelan) writes:

...another stunningly well researched, accurate and articulate article,
including the following:

> ... The imbalance issue has come up a few more times with other
> providers such as PSI, Abovenet and others.

To the best of my knowledge, AboveNet has never insisted on any particular
traffic balance with any of our peers.  Send to us 10:1, 1:10, 1:1, whatever.
Any traffic coming or going over a peering connection is to or from one of
AboveNet's customers, which means we're paid (by that customer) to deliver it.
(Any other policy amounts to wanting to be paid twice for the same packet.)

Of course I can't commend on PSI or any of the other companies Sean mentioned.
--
Paul Vixie <[email protected]>
CTO and SVP, MFN (NASDAQ: MFNX)

AboveNet, PAIX, and MIBH are subsidiaries of Metromedia Fiber Network, Inc.