Re: Online BGP study material for newbies

  • From: Mike Hughes
  • Date: Fri Jan 12 17:39:07 2001
On 13 Jan 01, at 1:07, Lionel Lauer wrote:

> Per the subject line, could anyone recommend online sources of
> information that would be helpful for a newbie (approx. CCNA level)
> learning BGP?
> Material that covers both common & best practices in a
> Real-World-compatible manner would be especially helpful.

As suggested by others, the Cisco Press Internet Routing
Architectures is considered a must have, but there are some online
resources written by Avi Freedman which I have found useful - dive
on over to http://avi.freedman.net/.

There's articles Avi has written for Boardwatch, FAQs about multi-
homing, and the PPT foils from tutorials that Avi has given at
NANOG.

All are worth reading.

Still buy a copy of Internet Routing Architectures :-).

Mike
--
Mike Hughes,London,UK             http://www.smashing.net/
[email protected]                          ICQ UIN:4871914