Re: BGP keepalive/holdtime at GigE exchange

  • From: Ryan O'Connell
  • Date: Fri Jan 12 17:07:42 2001

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 01:04:45PM -0800, Clayton Fiske wrote:
> With regard to your earlier comments about busy routers "pausing"
> BGP, perhaps this is something that can be investigated at a vendor
> software level.
[snip]
> In the interest of stability, I
> would certainly want keepalives to be processed ahead of routing
> updates.

BGP is TCP-based, so there is no (easy) way of ensuring that the
keepalives go to the top of the queue without possibly corrupting
the routing data itself.

--
Ryan O'Connell - <[email protected]> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time