RE: BGP keepalive/holdtime at GigE exchange

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Fri Jan 12 14:52:56 2001

The problem I have seen with setting BGP timeouts that low is when peering
with overloaded or slow/old routers. Often they will "pause" their BGP
activity while they are actively peering or repeering across their
internal or external network. The low times will then cause more timeouts
before the fabric has stablized.

Deepak Jain
AiNET