RE: net.terrorism

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Tue Jan 09 16:37:57 2001

> Yes, its above.net's network. They can do what they want. But
> guys, the
> box in question isn't at an _above.net customer_. Think about
> this before
> you think Sabri is smoking crack.

You would have a point;
if the box in question wasn't an ORBS box.
if ORBS didn't invite script kiddies to attack AboveNet customers that may
have open sendmail relays.
if ORBS RelayTest was part of a "nice" system.

This whole thing is skirting around the ORBS issue. It is clear that Sabri
wants AboveNet to allow ORBS into their system. This "net terrorism" thingy
is simply a sham. Otherwise, why would Sabri want access to the ORBS system?

Of course, my bias wrt ORBS is well-known. However, it is not accidental
that the ORBS relay test box is exactly the box that Sabri is complaining
about. He said so clearly. What's Sabri's connection to BigFoot.Com (whom
recently came out supporting ORBS)?

This whole thread is about getting back-door support for ORBS.