Re: Original peering policies (com-priv archives?)

  • From: J. Scott Marcus
  • Date: Tue Jan 09 15:58:07 2001

At 06:13 01/09/2001 -0800, Sean Donelan wrote:

>Has anyone kept an archive of the various peering policies different
>providers had over the years?
>
>For example, Sean Doran published Sprint's peering policy on COM-PRIV
>a number of years ago.  And I believe the original peering policy on
>the CIX router included an "AUP-Free" clause, that no provider would
>impose an acceptable use policy on traffic between the providers.  Or
>how could I forget ANS's original CO+RE settlment plan (i.e. everyone
>pays ANS).  But I'm just going from memory, and some of those brain cells
>aren't as young as they were.
>
>I'm interested in seeing a timeline and evolution of policies over the
>last 10 years.  I know some have changed.

As was previously noted on this mailing list, ours appear at:
http://www.genuity.com/infrastructure/interconnection.htm

Level 3's guidelines appear at:
http://www.level3.com/us/info/network/interconnection/

Also, then-current interconnection policies were filed with the FCC last
year by UUNet and Sprint, and in 1998 by UUNet and internetMCI, in
conjunction with their respective attempted mergers.  They are tricky to
find, but the last time that I checked they were all still available on the
FCC's electronic document system at www.fcc.gov.  See, for instance:

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_documen
t=6011256512

and