Re: net.terrorism

  • From: Shawn McMahon
  • Date: Tue Jan 09 10:47:00 2001

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 08:07:48AM -0500, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> > the position to be net.gods and for political reasons destroy the free
> > character of the internet.
> >
> I've been involved for over 20 years, and don't remember this "free
> character".  Perhaps there is a language translation problem?  That

Yeah, last time I checked, the Internet was primarily made up of privately-
owned pieces of cable, hooked together through privately-owned pieces of
equipment, residing in privately-owned buildings, monitored and maintained
by employees of privately and shareholder-owned companies.

Information may want to be free, but fiber optic cable wants to be
a million US dollars per mile.