Re: net.terrorism

  • From: Sabri Berisha
  • Date: Tue Jan 09 10:07:09 2001

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001 [email protected] wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Sabri Berisha wrote:
>
> > We pay Abovenet to send traffic, not to throw it away.
>
> And if you know they can't/won't send traffic to certain destinations, you
> can static route those destinations to another carrier.

That's my point. How do I know? Do they provide a static listing with host
they blackhole? Not that I know of. I only see *some* of my traffic ending
up in /dev/null...

> > > 1) filter the route from abovenet
> >
> > They should not be announcing in the first place.
>
> They're not really announcing...they're propogating a route someone else
> announced.  As Vixie said, it's highly impractical to carve up a /16
> (especially if it's not their space) just to avoid propogating a route for
> a host they don't want to carry traffic to.

If they are able to route the host to /dev/null, they will probably be
able to filter that advertisement out...

> And you're saying Above should look the other way while ORBS abuses their
> network?

No. Why do we keep getting the ORBS discussion in this? This is about
announcing and nullrouting, not mailrelaytesting.

> I think it's just about procmail time if this thread continues.

That's also a nullroute ;)

--
/*  Sabri Berisha, non-interesting network dude.
 *