Re: net.terrorism

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Tue Jan 09 09:47:42 2001

On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Sabri Berisha wrote:

> We pay Abovenet to send traffic, not to throw it away.

And if you know they can't/won't send traffic to certain destinations, you
can static route those destinations to another carrier.

> > 1) filter the route from abovenet
>
> They should not be announcing in the first place.

They're not really announcing...they're propogating a route someone else
announced.  As Vixie said, it's highly impractical to carve up a /16
(especially if it's not their space) just to avoid propogating a route for
a host they don't want to carry traffic to.

> That's always an option. Hey, they are killing all asian people, let's
> look the other way... Hey, they are killing russians now, let's look the
> other way... Hey, they are killing americans now, let's look the other
> way... Hey, they are killing europea EOF

And you're saying Above should look the other way while ORBS abuses their
network?

I think it's just about procmail time if this thread continues.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |