Re:

  • From: Vadim Antonov
  • Date: Mon Jan 08 22:09:35 2001

There's another option for IXP architecture, virtual routers over a
scalable fabric.  This is the only approach which combines capacity of
inverse-multiplexed parallel L1 point-to-point links and flexibility of
L2/L3 shared-media IXPs. The box which can do that is in field trials
(though i'm not sure the current release of software supports that
functionality).

--vadim