RE: Exchange point networks

  • From: Barry Raveendran Greene
  • Date: Mon Jan 08 17:10:29 2001

Another difference is cost:

+ Router Server - cost is workstation, software, and training. You need to
buy the RS software. $120,000 (Merit's price) is a lot of money to collect
for an IXP project in places like Kenya, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Philippines,
etc.).

+ Router Reflector - cost is a router (or a unix box with gated) and
training. (3620 works fine for a IXP with +60 ISPs).

Barry