RE:

  • From: Barry Raveendran Greene
  • Date: Mon Jan 08 16:27:34 2001

BGP Route Reflector IXPs need a AS number. I'll send you a URL with a
whitepaper. The BGP Route Reflector IXPs have proved to offer a low entry
cost for ISPs (for those places that do not have the deep pockets to get big
routers). It also does not remove the option of scaling to point-to-point
peering (pointed out below does not need an AS number) or route server
(which also does not need a AS number).