Re: Network Solutions Bilking ex-customers

  • From: Charles Scott
  • Date: Sat Jan 06 09:54:34 2001

Daniel:
  While I don't know specifically, I don't believe this is anything
intentional on NSI's part but is rather an artifact of their billing
systems. I've known for a long time that their billing systems frequently
lag current registration data by months, sometimes many. My guess is that
the invoices are entered into the billing system at some time prior to the
due date of a domain and are not updated regardless of what happens to the
domain registration. At least that was the apparent situation the last
time I tried to trace such a problem. They've made a lot of changes in
receint history, so who knows if this behavior is changing. I wonder if
anyone on this list has real knowledge of the billing processes at NSI?
  Related to this, you should be warning your customers of the bogus
"FINAL NOTICE" scam that is unrelated to Network Solutions. You can see an
older copy at the following URL. Note also that there have been a few
variations of this. If you do have customers who are still receiving
these, let me know. I've been asked to pass on contact information for
further investigation of these.

    http://www.gaslightmedia.com/final-notice.gif

Chuck Scott
Gaslight Media