RE: FTP with authentication to RADIUS

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Fri Jan 05 16:16:11 2001

This pretty much reflects the attitudes of most of production Unix admins. I
don't do it here either. The only shell accounts, on production hosts, are
admins and I force most of them to use sudo. Very few (2) have root access
here. We've also killed telnetd and ftpd (as in; deleted, never to be used,
period). If we have a customer that needs to upload files, we write a
special applet for them and make them use a web browser.