RE: RFC1918 addresses to permit in for VPN?

  • From: Derek J. Balling
  • Date: Sun Dec 31 15:19:56 2000

>> That makes perfect sense to me...there is not a better way to protect a
>> box from a DOS/hack than to only give it a private address.
>
>this is a common fantasy.  changing the its license place does not change
>the vulnerability of your car to an accident.

No, but putting your car on a private road that you need to circumvent
several roadblocks to reach IS a pretty good deterrent to its being in an
accident.

| [email protected]  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |
|  Derek J. Balling   | "To crush your enemies, see them        |
|                     |    driven before you, and to hear the   |
|                     |    lamentation of their women!"         |