RE: RFC1918 addresses to permit in for VPN? (fwd)

  • From: Daniel L. Golding
  • Date: Sat Dec 30 18:43:06 2000

Christian,

RSN, meaning soon in the regular ISP, sense of the word, i.e. how long it
takes me to locate a sysadmin, awaken them with a sharp kick, then watch
them scramble to a keyboard and correct the problem?  Or RSN, in
the Bell sense of the word, meaning 6-12 months, like how long I've been
waiting for the DSL that will be available "RSN". In your defense, I
realize that's how long it take you to write a plan, get it approved by 10
levels of management, have it reviewed by a committee to determine if it
violates any Bell rules, have it folded, spindled, and mutilated, then
have the work performed by surly, union labor. Perfectly understandable.

:)

Happy New Year! (And remember that working for a monopolistic behemouth
means taking this kind of abuse cheerfully, secure in the knowledge that
your burn rate is safely covered by millions of residential voice lines!)

Daniel Golding                           NetRail,Inc.
"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness"