Re: RFC1918 addresses to permit in for VPN?

  • From: Adam Rothschild
  • Date: Sat Dec 30 13:08:17 2000

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 01:39:54AM -0500, John Fraizer wrote:
> Can I help it if every contact I've had, save one, with bell*.* has
> been a clueless, old-fart,
> union-so-you-can't-replace-him-her-with-someone-with-clue, wouldn't
> know a clue if it came up and bit them in the a$%@^[email protected]%^ piece of
> %^&#%&^#?!??? who is sucking up oxygen from the script kiddies (who
> while I hate, may actually grow up some day and do something
> productive)??!!!???

I'm sure we've all had bad experiences with telcos from time to time,
They're an easy target, and often worthy of the criticism we subject
them to.  But in all fairness, this is not the place to vent,
especially given the quality of knowledge demonstrated by the
BellSouth and Verizon GNI participants on this list and others.

If Ameritech cuts some copper, disrupting someone's 56k DDS service
into the CMH-IX, would you hold every single employee of theirs at
gunpoint?

> Don't want to be associated with that stereotype?  Get rid of 99% of
> your organization or go to work for someone else.

That's just stooping low.

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 02:39:39AM -0500, John Fraizer wrote:
> From: Wants to keep their Job <[email protected]>

Hmmm, wonder who this could be!

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 03:26:37AM -0500, John Fraizer wrote:
> From: Wants to keep his job <[email protected]>
> [...]
> (name deleted)

And again!  Nice job of protecting the innocent, chief.

Note to self, do not send private mail to John Fraizer, unless you
want it forwarded to NANOG as originating from <[email protected]> or
<[email protected]>...

My $0.02,
-adam