Feb 2001 COOK Report contents & distribution list for receipt ofcook report monthly summaries

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Thu Dec 28 16:23:09 2000

********************************
The COOK Report on Internet February 2001 (Vol.9, No. 11)
********************************

CONTENTS

Three Dimensional Data Web Set To Emerge --
New Protocols Enable Manipulation of Quantitative Data by Data Web Browsers -- Open Standards Likely to Give Huge
Boost to Data Mining Activities -- Work Pushed By Terabyte Challenge Consortium Enables Remote Interaction of Data Sets pp. 1 -12

ISOC Summarizes ICANN Dilemma, p. 12

IPv6 from the Viewpoint of Mobile Wireless
Continued Cell Phone Growth to Cause Deployment of IPv6 Nets Interconnected to Non Disappearing IPv4 Infrastructure
Substantial Work Remains to Bring V6 and Data to Cell Phones,
pp. 13 - 19

Among Scaling Issues IPv6 Solves Only IP Number Problem
NATs Depend on Both IP Numbers and Routing Issues
Since IPv4 and v6 Interconnect But do not Interoperate Introducing v6 Means Running Two Networks -- 3G Makes v6 Cellular Viable pp. 20 - 22

Klensin Internet Drafts Propose Radical DNS Revamp - New Class Means New Root -- Drafts Are Aftermath of Network Solutions Split With IETF on ENUM and Internationalized Domain Names
pp. 23 - 26

Executive Summary, pp. 27 - 28

I would like to inform list members of a distribution list for the monthly free summary of the COOK Report on Internet. You should expect to receive the monthly summary that is usually between 7 and 15 thousand characters long. You may get one or two other messages a month. This list is intended for distribution and not discussion. Anything posted to the list will bounce to me. I regard this as an experiment and reserve the right at my discretion to change list policy.

The list name is Cookrepsum standing for Cook Report Summary. You may subscribe yourselves by sending a message to [email protected] with 'subscribe cookrepsum' in the body. To unsubscribe send mail to [email protected] with 'unsubscribe cookrepsum" in the body The who command is disabled to preserve privacy. Thanks to Michael Burger at compucomis.net for lending the use of his facilities.

I will send the full summary out late in the day TOMORROW Friday the 29th. To receive this summary and future summaries please follow the major domo sign up instructions for [email protected] above.

The COOK Report on Internet, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax) [email protected] Index to 9 years
of the COOK Report at http://cookreport.com Why ICANN is illegal.
See 5 page version at http://cookreport.com/illegal.shtml and 168 page
version at http://www.law.miami.edu/~froomkin/articles/icann.pdf