Re: small device with IP address

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Fri Dec 22 02:36:57 2000

On Fri, 22 Dec 2000, Andrew Brown wrote:

> it can also be reconfigured to boot from the cdrom by default, and
> that can have a disk in it with a minimal os on it.  yes, you're
> trading one moving part for another, but i think it's a little more
> reliable.

I guess I was not clear enough in my original post, but what I wanted was
something that can be put out in quantities of 20-50. I have received
several suggestions for various PC boxen that'll do the trick but they
won't work because they take more than a few minutes to configure and
they're way too bulky to handle in larger quantities.

I think the D-link SOHO gateway is the closest thing so far.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]