Re: Port scanning legal

  • From: Marius Strom
  • Date: Tue Dec 19 17:52:22 2000

*frantically rewrites AUP's to read as follows:*

5.17 While we provide network connectivity, you must verify the host you
are connecting to by using whois(1) to make sure it's not a military or
government site.  Use information from the whois(1) records to contact
by phone the sites in question.  Make sure to contact ARIN/RIPE/APNIC
before querying their whois servers.  Contact us before querying our DNS
servers for ARIN/RIPE/APNIC hostname information.

Not to step in the middle of a firefight without a waterhouse, but come
on guys, this is getting absurd.

--
Marius Strom <[email protected]>
Professional Geek/Unix System Administrator

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a mini-van full of DLT
tapes traveling down the highway at 65 miles per hour..."
	-Andrew Tanenbaum, "Computer Networks"