RE: Port scanning legal

  • From: Jade E. Deane
  • Date: Tue Dec 19 16:10:42 2000

Could we all please put away our members for a moment?

The bottom line is, there are times and places where "port scanning" is
required.  I would assume the intelligence level of this group warrants no
in depth explanation or case study.

How about this, differentiating between legitimate "port scans" and preempts
to an attack.  How, when, and where.  Also, correct escalation procedures to
security departments and law officials.

Jade

Jade E. Deane
Network Engineer