Re: Clue at @Home?

  • From: msarges
  • Date: Wed Dec 13 10:21:26 2000

Good morning,

Here are some numbers that might help in your at home saga.

1-800-872-3595
or [email protected]

I work with a good portion of the network sections in SD.
(great, now ive done it).

Hope this helps, and if you need further assistance, please email
me directly, at [email protected]

Morgan

On 13-Dec-2000 Todd Suiter wrote:

> I was able to demand, at one time, to be shunted straight to their L3 NOC,
> after figuring
> out for them that they had whole sections of network down in SD. ("oh, is
> that a problem?")
> As for attacks, I get probed by @home 5 times a day trying see if I am
> running a news server. NM the fact that I send mail to abuse constantly with
> IPs of machines that are probing me.
> ("We can't do anything about that...")
>
> And, since I run services like ssh, I'm told I need to upgrade to @work,
> since no consumer
> would ever use a service like that, so I MUST be running a business off my
> cable connection.
>
> Good luck!

> Todd Suiter
> Mgr, Deployments/NOC
> Space4rent
> www.s4r.com
>
> On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Jim Logan wrote:
>

>> Sounds like classic @Home customer service... Oh well, time for me to order
>> a real circuit I guess...  Christ, their Level-2 people can't even get into
>> their routers and the escalation for those guys don't even know what to look
>> for...  And forget about getting to talk to anyone above level-2...
>>
>> --Jim
>>

>> >From: Alan Clegg <[email protected]>
>> >To: Jim Logan <[email protected]>
>> >CC: [email protected]
>> >Subject: Re: Clue at @Home?
>> >Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:05:23 -0500

>> >because
>> >
>> >I can't even get that far.  I call them to report attacks coming
>> >from their network and get forwarded to voicemail hell... I finally
>> >get to the point of leaving a message and I never get a callback.
>> >
>> >AlanC

>> ________
>> Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

[email protected]                  13-Dec-2000   10:15:35
Fax:  605-335-1173

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged
demo.