Re: Clue at @Home?

  • From: Todd Suiter
  • Date: Tue Dec 12 22:58:29 2000

I was able to demand, at one time, to be shunted straight to their L3 NOC, after figuring
out for them that they had whole sections of network down in SD. ("oh, is that a problem?")
As for attacks, I get probed by @home 5 times a day trying see if I am running a news server. NM the fact that I send mail to abuse constantly with IPs of machines that are probing me.
("We can't do anything about that...")

And, since I run services like ssh, I'm told I need to upgrade to @work, since no consumer
would ever use a service like that, so I MUST be running a business off my cable connection.

Good luck!

Todd Suiter
Mgr, Deployments/NOC
Space4rent