Re: Akamai..

  • From: Avi Freedman
  • Date: Sat Dec 09 22:46:36 2000

In article <[email protected]> you wrote:

: LAX internap cluster was down for about 7 hours last night...  Traffic was
: still being sent, affected all southern california roadrunner/mediaone,
: @home among others...  Had reports of down clusters continue to being sent
: traffic a LOT of late..

: Matt

Traffic should be rerouted in under 20 seconds, and we use an HSRP-like
mechanism to snarf traffic if just one machine is down...  I've never
heard of routing to down regions for longer than seconds.

We've seen a fair bit of election-traffic requested being more than end ASs
or pieces of end ASs can actually take, no matter where we serve from, but
not of serving from down regions.

[email protected] can investigate, just let them know the prefixes you're
coming from.

They'll escalate to the networking group if anything truly strange is
going on.

Thanks,

Avi