RE: California power - its cold, its dark

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Fri Dec 08 01:28:29 2000

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Brian W. wrote:

> I hear there are many plants offline also, there apparently is a system in
> place that accounts for annual environmental emissions, and some plants
> have met their annual allottment.  My take is its all a plan by left wing
> environmentalist wackos to put up so many roadblocks that plants cant be
> built.  I hear 2 were just approved, but there have been none built in a
> very long time, despite the population in the sun belt.

As others have said, it just makes things worse when several thousand
generators all come online. Does anyone know if a plant that has used
their annual allottment can be brought online if you reach a stage 3
emergency?

><>
Nathan Stratton				CTO, Exario Networks, Inc.
[email protected]                     [email protected]
http://www.robotics.net                 http://www.exario.net