Re: Operations: where are you going to sit?

  • From: Michael Shields
  • Date: Wed Dec 06 19:42:24 2000

In article <[email protected]>,
"Daniel L. Golding" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I have worked in data centers where cell phones, FM radios, Nextel phones,
> etc. were banned.

All the Bell Atlantic COs I've seen recently have signs banning
cellphone use.

I think this is based on the same decision process that lead to the
ban on cellphones in most commercial airplanes -- some unsustantiated
anecdotes, no testing, and extremely risk-averse executives.  I'm not
aware of any vendor of telecom hardware issuing an advisory that there
are known cases of cellphones causing problems with the equipment.
--
Shields.