RE: Operations: where are you going to sit?

  • From: Matt Thoene
  • Date: Wed Dec 06 15:20:51 2000

::
::I have worked in data centers where cell phones, FM radios, Nextel phones,
::etc. were banned. The theory was that the radios could somehow interfere
::with the equipment. This never made much sense to me. Are restrictions
::such as this common? Anyone have any thoughts on if this is rooted in
::truth or falacy? It's very hard to work on some type of network problems,
::where you have to console in, while using someone standing outside a data
::center as a "talker".
::

>From what I've seen, many of the more savvy customers are just getting a
pots line to their cab/cage/suite to overcome the wireless issues.

-Matt