RE: Operations: where are you going to sit?

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Wed Dec 06 14:51:08 2000

I've worked in facilities where this ban existed, but not for the stated
reasons. These same facilities don't even let you bring in a transistor
radio because it is so easy to turn it into a transmitter. The EMI part is
usually part of the dis-information. These same places also prohibit
personal lap-tops, under the TEMPEST excuse. What they are really worried
about is espionage. I'll bet they have a ferocious firewall too.