Re: Operations: where are you going to sit?

  • From: Kevin_Badeen
  • Date: Wed Dec 06 12:10:09 2000

Does Anyone have any Technical data for NOC building?  Maybe a "NOC
Building 101" or something like that.

Kevin Badeen
Unix Administrator
Harte-Hanks Response Management
512.434.5999 Tel
877.446.5548 Pag

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Simon        |
|        |          Lockhart     |
|        |          <[email protected]|
|        |          c.co.uk>     |
|        |          Sent by:     |
|        |          [email protected]|
|        |          erit.edu     |
|        |                       |
|        |                       |
|        |          12/06/2000   |
|        |          02:09 AM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |                                                                                                                                             |
  |       To:     Hal Murray <[email protected]>                                                                                                |
  |       cc:     [email protected]                                                                                                               |
  |       Subject:     Re: Operations: where are you going to sit?                                                                              |

>> >    5) Lots of phone lines (including conference and analog)
>> that can call in and out and internationally
>
>This isn't for the NOC proper, but it might be handy if you have
>gear located in remote locations where a non-wizard might be pushing
>buttons or reading lights for you.

Or if you've got international customers!

I could name a telco in NYC whose engineers are unable to call
international. This makes it kind of tricky to work on circuit problems
with them. Needless to say, I won't be buying more circuits from them...

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516