Re: Operations: where are you going to sit?

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Wed Dec 06 03:14:12 2000

>> >    5) Lots of phone lines (including conference and analog)
>> that can call in and out and internationally
>
>This isn't for the NOC proper, but it might be handy if you have
>gear located in remote locations where a non-wizard might be pushing
>buttons or reading lights for you.

Or if you've got international customers!

I could name a telco in NYC whose engineers are unable to call
international. This makes it kind of tricky to work on circuit problems
with them. Needless to say, I won't be buying more circuits from them...

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516