Re: Re: Is MPLS based VPN really feasible in real world situation?

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Tue Dec 05 11:05:44 2000

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 [email protected] wrote:

> Does it scale well?
> Will you ask for the feeling of your operators facing these PVCs?

Don't get me wrong. I am speaking at the IP QOS & MPLS Summit in London
next month. I think we are getting close, but right now if you are
building a voice/data network I think you are much better off with ATM.

I may be using ATM in my core, but some think the odd part is that I
am using IP at the edge. I use Covad, North Point, New Edge, etc for the
last mile. Right now most of them can not deliver 2 PVCs to the
subscriber. We have been forced to build a network where we can support
voice and data over a single PVC. So far we have been able to make voice
work at the same time we are downloading large files and still maintain a MOS
of 3.82 - 4.01.

><>
Nathan Stratton				CTO, Exario Networks, Inc.
[email protected]                     [email protected]
http://www.robotics.net                 http://www.exario.net