Re: Will the lights stay on - Predictions about the US electrical (fwd)

  • From: multics
  • Date: Thu Nov 30 10:32:44 2000

At the time I worked on the contract with NYSPA around 1976, the
reliability goal was one failure in 10 years.  This did not include
failures from accidents, like cars knocking down power poles, lightning
strikes, etc.

>From what I've seen at least where I am in NYS, we've had 2 2 hour outages
in the last 6 years, one unscheduled, one scheduled for maintenance.
The phone company hasn't been as reliable.