Re: Traceroute versus other performance measurement

  • From: smd
  • Date: Wed Nov 29 13:35:14 2000

I was imprecise because I was jumping between tools, oops.

Pathchar as we know it does not build a queue of depth 1 at
an interface, it in fact seeks to measure additive RTT and
attempt to figure out how much of the previous measured RTT
was spent inside the router rather than being propagated
along TDM transmissions gear and the like.

Queue depth 1 is a mooted refinement, is all...

	Sean.