Re: I think I jinxed Sprint

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Fri Nov 24 19:09:19 2000
On 24 Nov 2000, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Last week I gave Sprint some complements on their success avoiding
> customer service affecting fiber cuts.
>
> Unfortunately, Murphy took it as a challange.  First, Sprint lost an
> STP power supply which blocked SS7 service in Sprint's southeastern
> network for 2 hours and 52 minutes.  Then on Tuesday, Murphy killed
> a disk drive on Sprint's SCP, blocking Sprint's nationwide network
> for 4 minutes until it could be taken out of service.

STP are deploied in mated pairs, did they say why the other side did not
function correctly.

><>
Nathan Stratton				CTO, Exario Networks, Inc.
[email protected]                     [email protected]
http://www.robotics.net                 http://www.exario.net

Updated papers section: http://www.robotics.net/papers/index.html