Re: Server Monitoring

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Wed Nov 22 18:41:57 2000

	Speaking on that note, you probally do not want the
most recent version (yet), as it represents a major overhaul and I'm
still working all the kinks out of it.

	I would suggest sticking with 0.83.2 version which is up
for ftp at ftp://puck.nether.net/pub/jared/.  I've gotten most
of the bugs worked out in the rework of the code and new config
file.  There are some reputable (well, everyone is reputable in
someones eyes) providers that run sysmon in a fairly large environment
without problems.

	Because of the rework of config parser, I will be able to add
all the feature requests that people have been nagging me for awhile,
as I can add them, so feel free to ask.

	- Jared

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 11:29:50AM -0500, Ravi Pina wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 10:47:08AM -0800, Bora Akyol said at one point in time:
> > Does anyone out there have a set of scripts (or a commercial product) that is used to monitor a set of servers including sendmail, dns, etc and page/email people as necessary.
> >
> > I had written such a set of scripts a while back but that was too many years ago.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bora
> >

> there is also sysmon (http://www.sysmon.org/)
>
> while not as robust as netsaint, its small,
> fast, and a really simple config file which
> can be dynamically created with little problem.
>
> its also reliable.  i had a box thta was running
> a very infant version of it for >1yr and it
> didn't hiccup once.
>
> -r
>
> --
> echo "send pgp key" | mail [email protected] ; lynx http://cow.org ; echo "!gc"
> "Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish."
>                 -- Albert Einstein

END OF LINE  | Manager of IP networks built within my own home