Jim's Latest Rant (was Re: Does AT&T provide IPv4HT ?)

  • From: Ron Buchalski
  • Date: Tue Nov 21 23:32:28 2000

Jim,

Most end applications are concerned with receiving the data in the payload of a packet, and that the headers of the packet remain intact to the extent that the packets are delivered to the proper destination.

Did you write an application that uses TOS bits on an end-to-end basis, and now you've found that changing TOS bits within the network is going to break your application? What compelling event brought you to your computer and prompted you to start this rant on NANOG? The S/N ratio _was_ actually increasing...

-rb