Re: Does AT&T provide IPv4HT ?

  • From: JIM FLEMING
  • Date: Tue Nov 21 17:43:10 2000

I think we are in agreement. I am assuming that people will want to "touch"
the
TOS byte when they "create" a packet. I am also assuming that NANOG,
as a group, would want to support "end-to-end" Internet services. That seems
to imply that the NANOG people would endorse the notion of "what goes in
comes out". That arrangement encourages "stability". It seems odd that we
have
all of these ICANN people running around telling everyone that the
"stability"
of the Internet needs to be preserved, and then on the other hand, people
are
flippantly claiming to have total disregard for the contents of packets as
they
transit the IPv4 "cloud". To top it off, some companies apparently want to
be
seen as "proud" or "cool" for changing the contents of customer's packets.
...and then want to be called...."real operators"...go figure...

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com
Mars 128n 128e