Re: Server Monitoring

  • From: Troy Davis
  • Date: Tue Nov 21 14:15:20 2000

On Tue, 21 Nov 2000, Bora Akyol <[email protected]> wrote:

> Does anyone out there have a set of scripts (or a commercial product) that is used to monitor a set of servers including sendmail, dns, etc and page/email people as necessary.

Try NetSaint, www.netsaint.org.  It does exactly what you described, and
very well.  It's also completely Web-based, which is handy when you're
not on a machine you can install a client on (or the client doesn't
support your chosen OS).

There are lots of other monitoring tools, depending on what you want.  We
considered Micromuse NetCool (netcool.com) and a bunch of other commercial
ones, but NetSaint meets our requirements nicely so we've had no reason to
switch.

Cheers,

Troy

--
Troy Davis
          chief packet pusher  -  internet services manager