RE: ISPs as content-police or method-police

  • From: Jason Slagle
  • Date: Tue Nov 21 08:56:10 2000

You basically have 3 choices here.

1) Filter known trojan ports to your customers (Which argueably may or may
not include port 139)

2) Routinely scan your customer blocks and inform them of trojans they
could be infected with, and any open shares.

3) Do nothing and deal with the possible fallout which may include turning
down the customers port, if they get compromised.

Which do YOU view as the lesser of the evils here.

Your arguing 1 isn't doable.  2 is possibly a no go, depending on the
contract and customer also, and 3 isn't very good either.

Jason

---
Jason Slagle - CCNA - CCDA
Network Administrator - Toledo Internet Access - Toledo Ohio
- [email protected] - [email protected] - WHOIS JS10172
\ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  . If dreams are like movies then memories
 X  - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  .   are films about ghosts..
/ \ - NO Word docs in e-mail .     - Adam Duritz - Counting Crows