Re: Operational impact of filtering SMB/NETBIOS traffic?

  • From: Jim Mercer
  • Date: Sun Nov 19 14:14:51 2000

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 10:56:03AM -0800, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> > i'm not sure how port 22 effects IPsec.
>
> Kills it dead, just like SSH.

as i understand it, ipsec doesn't use ports.

> > it seems that you are arguing that filtering SMB will
> > inadvertantly effect a bunch of boneheads that don't
> > know what they are doing beyond point and click.
>
> Say that to a dot-com VP and manage to keep your business relationship
> (paycheck). If you can do that, I want you on my sales force.

i'm quite happy to blow off business's that have bonehead management.

saves me a lot of grief in the long run.

i'm quite happy to continue to work with those that have a clue, or are
at least willing to listen to someone who has one.

> They may be boneheads, but who has the money?

there is more to life than money.

--
[ Jim Mercer                 [email protected]              +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]