RE: Operational impact of filtering SMB/NETBIOS traffic?

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Sat Nov 18 23:21:25 2000

You'd have LOTs of complaint from me and many of my clients. Many of us log
into our external gateway PDCs from foriegn locations. We have shares
because we want shares. You are considering killing off a whole bunch of
legitimate use because some are too brain-dead to not have unintentional
shares on the internet? We use SMB/Samba INSTEAD of NFS because we believe
SMB to be more secure. smb.conf certainly gives more security options than
exports does.