Re: PBI down?

  • From: Walter Prue
  • Date: Thu Nov 16 16:32:03 2000

Roy,

>Anyone know about an outage in PacBell Internet?

That doesn't narrow it down very much.  PacBell Internet is island
service.  PBI can't provide interlata service so they buy backbone
service from various service providers.  So for each LATA that PBI
would provide service they would have their own local island of
service.  Each island is then interconnected through backbone
providers.

I have PBI Internet access, among others, from the Los Angeles area and
that island appears to be OK.  I have a T3 and I saw no dip in load in
or out in the last 24 hours.

Walt