Re: Level 3 problems - was Re: Uunet to Level 3 San Jose peering problems?

  • From: Alex
  • Date: Wed Nov 15 19:28:44 2000

Never. That never happens. Telcos all run thier own fiber in thier own
conduits, and protect it using SONET.

Bahahhahahahahha. Yeah, right.

Apparently, there was a cut on a route that took out a variety of
carriers; someone I know who has a OC12 riding on Broadwing was down for a
little while.

Someone should start a database, where you enter information of where a
fiber cut took place, what end points were effected, and start building
correlations. That might be somewhat interesting.