Re: [doable?] peer filtering (was Re: Trusting BGP sessions)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Wed Nov 15 18:09:31 2000

No I'm not suggesting basing it on what a provider is currently
advertising.  But rather on what the provider has registered and
is authorized to announce.  The set of authorized routes may be
the same or a superset of what the routes the provider is currently
announcing.

If you want asymetric routes, you can register and authorize traffic
via either route; and then dynamically announce which route you want
to use moment to moment.