Re: Trusting BGP sessions

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Wed Nov 15 06:55:31 2000

On Tue, Nov 14, 2000, Sean Donelan wrote:
> Question: historically have more routing snafus originated in "customer"
> BGP sessions or in "peer" BGP sessions?

Question: Historically have more routing snafus originated in filtered
BGP sessions or in unfiltered BGP sessions?

When I've been involved in network admin, filtering BGP sessions resulted
in less headaches than unfiltered BGP sessions (one problem I did have
was when I was being lazy with filtering and didn't require exact matches,
and a few downstreams decided they wanted to deaggregate aggressively..)

"Its too hard" doesn't cut it with me. I guess thats because I'm used
to having to write RFC compliant code, and there's no "real" RFC
compliance for configuration here..

2c,

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"God: Damn! I left pot everywhere!
<[email protected]>	  Now I'll have to create Republicans!"