Re: Trusting BGP sessions

  • From: David Diaz
  • Date: Tue Nov 14 23:35:13 2000

Sorry, Yes.
My original answer mentioned in the past. I think we all understand that the "business" side has entered.

However someone connecting to your peering router can create a create deal of havoc. Some of the older routers could have a major problem with floods of tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of routes being added or withdrawn quickly. At the same time if the peer is flapping and rerouting hunderds of megs to different exchange points, first east coast then west, it could cause a serious problem. I know you know that Sean.

Most people have some kind of filter for their customers to try and limit some of the unintentional mistakes that can happen.