Re: UUNET security contacts

  • From: Simon Leinen
  • Date: Tue Nov 14 08:36:55 2000

> Does anybody have a security-related email address at UUNET, which
> is actually read by a human?

The procedure is to call them on the phone (24/7 support), as has been
explained recently on this mailing list:

http://nic.merit.edu/mail.archives/html/nanog/msg05535.html

Since you're a direct customer of UUnet this should definitely work.

> Calling UUNET triggers a reply a few weeks later from [email protected],
> asking to forward the request to [email protected], itself aliased to
> /dev/null

> Also, is anybody else having problems with UUNET adding IP blocks,
> without notifying their customers?

Do you mean they filter ("block") specific IP addresses?
(Anyway, we haven't had any problems with UUnet lately ourselves :-)

Regards,
--
Simon.