Re: Defeating DoS Attacks Through Accountability

  • From: Mauro Lollo
  • Date: Sun Nov 12 18:25:36 2000

If possible, ARIN, or another "authority" should retain more information about the profile of address space, including delegations. As you noted, announcing first and fixing later is like a hit and run, then returning a while later to scrape up the fellow off the road.

We just repatriated a portable /24 from a rouge who was using it, supposedly telling his upstream that we had "given them permission"......NOT.

I suppose the question is, could a governing body (outside of government), ever keep reasonable control over things without the complete obedience of providers?

M.