Re: Defeating DoS Attacks Through Accountability

  • From: Mark Prior
  • Date: Sun Nov 12 01:26:13 2000

     But the current practice of announcing first, and only after you kill some
     innocent bystander's network, then fixing it; needs to stop.

     Every IP address should be traceable to an original recorded delegation.
     If the "paperwork" isn't complete or is inaccurate, we should work on fixing
     it.  Sticking our heads in the sand, and announcing the network until
     someone complains is not good.

How would you propose to handle the case where an organisation has
their own IP space which isn't currently advertised and then you
receive a request from a third party to route it to them?

Mark.